VTN and our stations KVTN, KVTH and KVTJ are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Thank you for your interest in joining the VTN team! VTN is a progressive network of three full power Christian TV stations broadcasting in Arkansas, Western Tennessee, Northern Mississippi and Southern Missouri. As a religious broadcaster we seek applicants of like faith.
KVTN-DT Chief Engineer
Reports To: VTN General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Principal Purpose of Job:
The Chief Engineer is a hands-on engineer with a solid RF background who will develop and manage the engineering plan for our network of three full-power commercial TV stations; oversee all engineering personnel; personally perform preventative maintenance and repairs at our three main transmitter sites and four microwave sites. The employee will work at the VTN (Victory Television Network) main studio and offices located at 701 Napa Valley Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas and at seven other tower sites in our coverage area.
Duties are performed inside the main TV station facility; and at 7 other tower sites in our coverage area. Employee will work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage the daily technical operations of the network of stations.
• Personally perform or delegate preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair at our three main transmitter sites and four microwave sites.
• Recruit, hire, train and oversee all engineering personnel.
• Insure compliance with all FCC, OSHA, FAA, EEO regulations as well as all local, county or state ordinances governing our physical plants and 8 tower sites.
• Ongoing planning and updating of our broadcasting systems.
• Coordinate and work with IT personnel on a variety of projects and equipment arrays that have an IT framework.
• Implement, and maintain systems to track/follow-up daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and special engineering tasks.
• Communicate regularly with General Manager and other VTN Department Heads regarding engineering objectives and network objectives.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
• Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in electrical engineering, computer sciences or a related discipline.
• 5+ years’ experience as a Chief Engineer, Director of Engineering or Department Head position in the broadcast engineering field.
• 5+ years’ experience working on UHF transmitters and microwave systems. Pluses are SBE certifications and experience with Axcera transmitters.
• Knowledge of current FCC/FAA regs and the ability to insure our stations` compliance is crucial.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Verifiable time management and project management skills
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
• Solid computer background, with demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products and commonly used smartphone applications.
• Detail oriented and highly accurate in record keeping and work habits.
• Position requires working in confined spaces; frequent climbing of ladders, and frequently lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
• A shared passion for touching the lives of viewers with The Good News of Jesus Christ.
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Salary Range: Commensurate
VTN is a regional network of three full-power Christian TV stations focused on the State of Arkansas. As a religious broadcaster, we seek applicants of the Christian faith. When applying for this position, please send a note regarding your personal faith. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without a VTN Application and a note of faith.
To apply for this position, download an application here, then submit your resume, application and statement of faith in one of the following ways:
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: VTN General Manager 501-225-6039
Or snail mail to:
VTN General Manager
P.O Box 26207
Little Rock, AR 72221
VTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click below to view EEO Reports:
-- 2015 KVTN-DT/KVTH-DT EEO Public File Report 2-1-2015 to 1-31-2016
-- 2016 KVTJ-DT EEO Public File Statement