VTN and our stations KVTN, KVTH and KVTJ are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Thank you for your interest in joining the VTN team! VTN is a progressive network of three full power Christian TV stations broadcasting in Arkansas, Western Tennessee, Northern Mississippi and Southern Missouri. As a religious broadcaster we seek applicants of like faith.
KVTJ-DT Operations Manager
Reports To: VTN Chief Engineer
FSLA Status: Exempt
Principal Purpose of Job:
The KVTJ Operations Manager will provide operational management and oversight of the KVTJ-DT main studio and tower site located at 28999 Hwy 214 East, Trumann, Arkansas, across the highway from the historic Judd Hill Plantation. The employee will also work at the remote microwave sites that relay the VTN network signal from Little Rock to KVTJ to ensure proper operational status and compliance with FCC regulations. These four (4) microwave sites are spread out between England, Arkansas and the KVTJ site near Trumann, Arkansas.
Duties are performed inside the main TV station facility; inside remote microwave sites; outside at all of the above sites working on back-up generators and other peripheral equipment. While a significant amount of the duties are performed inside climate controlled facilities, some duties are performed outside as needed from time to time in all four seasons and a variety of weather conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
Include full maintenance of the main tower site near Trumann and associated microwave sites along with other operations managerial and regulatory duties:
• Ensure that the KVTJ signal stays on the air in compliance with FCC regulations.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all broadcast systems in KVTJ and the four MW relay sites, inclusive of building facilities, tower structures and power generators.
• Perform routine inspections, documentations, research and studies on improvements, and coordination with contractors on site.
• Perform project management on site as required.
• Coordinate and implement must-carry tasks at CATV head-ends as needed.
• Supervise the daily activity of the KVTJ technician.
• Coordinate talent/visitor recordings inside the studio on site.
• Report to the Chief Engineer and perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
• An AA degree in Electronics or equivalent experience on tube transmitters.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on broadcast transmitters. SBE Certification is a plus.
• Ability to climb ladders, lift at least 50 pounds, work in tight spaces in a safe manner.
• Ability to drive a company vehicle with good driving record.
• Able to use MS Office and 21st century mobile communications devices as part of daily duties.
• Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed for 24/7 on-call duty.
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
VTN is a regional network of three full-power Christian TV stations focused on the State of Arkansas. As a religious broadcaster, we seek applicants of the Christian faith. When applying for this position, please send a note regarding your personal faith. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without a VTN Application and a note of faith.
To apply for this position, download an application here, then submit your resume, application and statement of faith in one of the following ways:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: VTN General Manager 501.225.6039
Or snail mail to:
VTN General Manager
P.O Box 22007
Little Rock, AR 72221-2007
VTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click below to view EEO Reports:
-- KVTN-DT/KVTH-DT EEO Public File Report 2-1-2013 to 1-31-2014
-- KVTJ-DT EEO Public File Statement 2-1-2013 to 1-31-2014