KVTN-DT (VTN) Accounting/Data Entry Clerk
Position Open: October 14, 2022
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full-time (36 hours per week)
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
The Accounting/Data Entry Clerk is responsible for maintaining VTN’s donor database. The Accounting/Data Entry Clerk works closely with the Donor Development and Accounting teams to ensure adherence to VTN’s data maintenance policies and procedures to promote data integrity. This position plays a key role in donor communication, requiring a friendly and professional demeanor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain VTN’s computerized donor records.
- Acquire a high-level knowledge of current database management system (Blackbaud-eTapestry).
- Serve as liaison to the Blackbaud-eTapestry system and troubleshoot system problems as needed.
- Respond to donor inquiries and concerns via phone, e-mail or letter.
- Evaluate and maintain efficiency of processes to ensure deadlines can be met even during periods of heavy volume.
- Produce accurate weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- VTN is a TV ministry that relies on viewer support and conducts one on-air fund-raising telethon each quarter. During these events, employee schedules are adjusted to typically include one or two evening shifts and one weekend shift per quarter taking donation pledges from viewers via phone.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management team.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3 years of relevant accounting and/or donor data entry experience
- Verifiable work history of honesty, integrity and timeliness
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ten-key number pad – minimum 130 characters per minute.
- Typing skills – minimum 40 wpm
- Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate’s Degree or 2 years of college
- Experience with database management and commitment to data integrity.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have exemplary customer service skills to communicate with all VTN donors.
- Experience working in the nonprofit or Christian ministry sector is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize information, priorities and meet deadlines
VTN is a regional network of three full-power Christian TV stations focused on the State of Arkansas and surrounding areas. VTN is carried on over 200 cable systems, DIRECTV, DISH, nationally and internationally via the VTN ROKU Channel and Livestream.
- Great hours for life/work balance: 8:30AM-4:30PM 3 days per week; 8AM-4:30PM 2 days per week.
- No cubicles- private office provided.
- Health insurance partially paid
- Dental plan available
- Vision plan available
- Paid vacation and personal days
Job Type: Full-time
As a religious broadcaster, we seek applicants of the Christian faith. When applying for this position, please confirm your Christian faith. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without a VTN Application and confirmation of faith.
To apply for this position, download an application here at https://www.vtntv.com/wp-content/uploads/VTN_Application.pdf then submit your resume, application and statement of faith as detailed on the web site. Or, fill out this application and submit.
VTN General Manager 501-225-2165
Or snail mail to:
VTN General Manager
P.O Box 26207
Little Rock, AR 72221-6207
VTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.