Job Title: KVTN Master Control Supervisor
Department: Master Control
Reports To: General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Principal Purpose of Job:
The Victory Television Network (VTN) seeks a full-time Master Control Supervisor. Position is responsible for the broadcast operations and master control staff for our network of three full-power TV stations.
The Victory Television Network (VTN) headquarters are located on a 12-acre campus at 701 Napa Valley Drive in west Little Rock. Duties are primarily performed in the climate-controlled facility on the VTN First Floor with access by exterior doors with a wheelchair ramp.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee master control staff; including interview, hire, schedule, train, and evaluate personnel as needed.
- Work closely with programming, traffic, and promotions to ensure all programs, promos and commercials are received, ingested and aired correctly with instructions clearly communicated to master control staff.
- Establish appropriate master control policies and procedures; train MCO staff in these policies and procedures; implement all appropriate checks and balances to ensure compliance.
- Perform Chief Operator duties including oversight of transmitter logs and ensure adherence to FCC regulations.
- Be on call along with engineering staff to handle emergency calls related to master control as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date records of master control and tech core equipment and software.
- Coordination with engineering and IT for successful maintenance and upkeep of equipment and equipment warranties.
- Oversight of the Crispin automation system and Omneon server.
- Ensure EAS warning system is operational.
- Be available to work weekly MCO shifts plus any fill-in shifts as needed.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Associate’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ year’s TV station master control/TV operations experience or radio station operations manager experience.
- Hands on experience with broadcast automation systems.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft operating systems and business applications, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong communication, written and organization skills.
- Meeting deadlines and managing the deadlines of your team is mission critical.
Salary Range: $44,000.00- $47,000.
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance partially paid
- Dental plan available
- Vision plan available
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Life insurance policy fully paid
To apply for this position, download an application here, then submit your resume, application and statement of faith as detailed at the bottom of this page.