Job Title: KVTN-DT (VTN) Traffic Coordinator
Department: Traffic Department
Reports To: VTN Traffic Director
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Principal Purpose of Job:
This position assists the Senior Traffic Coordinator and Traffic Director in the preparation of our TV stations’ daily on-air logs, along with the scheduling of program, promotional, and commercial inventory.
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily use of TV station traffic software to schedule inventory.
- Works with the Senior Traffic Coordinator and Traffic Director to create, edit, enter, proofread, and reconcile daily TV program logs, and traffic instructions.
- Process new television program and commercial agreements.
- Process deposits and produce monthly billing invoices and statements
- Enter daily copy based on individual programmer episode schedules.
- Complete affidavits for the VTN TV programming department in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing FCC-required reports. Create and distribute other daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Communicate traffic, payment, and billing information with the Senior Traffic Coordinator and Traffic Director, Accounting, and management as needed.
- VTN relies on viewer support and conducts one on-air fund-raising telethon each quarter. During these events, employee schedules are adjusted to typically include one or two evening shifts and one weekend shift per quarter taking donation pledges from viewers via phone.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree required, or relevant experience working in an office, TV, or radio station.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Have excellent organizational and typing/filing/clerical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have a pleasant personality.
- Knowledge of broadcast traffic software is a plus.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing including follow-up.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
VTN is a regional network of three full-power Christian TV stations focused on the State of Arkansas and surrounding areas. VTN is carried on over 200 cable systems, DIRECTV, DISH, nationally via the VTN ROKU Channel and internationally via Livestream.
Salary Range: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Great hours for life/work balance: 8:30A-4:30P 3 days per week; 8A-4:30P 2 days per week.
- No cubicles- private office provided.
- Health insurance partially paid
- Dental plan available
- Vision plan available
- paid vacation and personal days
Job Type: Full-time
As a religious broadcaster, we seek applicants of the Christian faith. When applying for this position, please send a note regarding your personal faith. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without a VTN Application and a note of faith.
To apply for this position, download an application here, then submit your resume, application and statement of faith as detailed at the bottom of this page.
VTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.