VTN General Manager
Principal Purpose of Job:
The KVTJ Technician will work on electronic and electromechanical equipment at the KVTJ TV station site near Trumann, Arkansas. The employee will also work at the remote microwave sites that relay the VTN network signal from Little Rock to KVTJ to ensure proper operational status and compliance with FCC regulations. These four (4) microwave sites are spread out between England, Arkansas and the KVTJ site near Trumann, Arkansas.
Broadcast technical duties are performed inside the main TV station facility; inside remote microwave sites; outside at all of the above sites working on back-up generators and other peripheral equipment. While a significant amount of the duties are performed inside climate controlled facilities, some duties are performed outside as needed from time to time in all four seasons and a variety of weather conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
Perform tasks as noted below at the KVTJ site and the station’s 4 microwave signal relay sites.
- Use Microsoft Office and other commonly used software to document tasks, generate reports and fill out operational logs.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and determining a corrective action.
- Equipment Maintenance – Assist the Operations Manager or a VTN Engineer in performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining if repairs are needed.
- Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment – Assist the Operations Manager or a VTN engineer in servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing , devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical) principles.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.Monitor VTN sites for unnecessary clutter and safety hazards.
Additional Job Functions:
- Visit cable TV facilities and other reception areas as needed to verify reception of KVTJ signal and to make technical measurements.
- Work with contractors and service providers at the TV station and our remote sites to verify that their work has been done in compliance with work orders.
- Coordinate with manufacturers and vendors regarding repair and research on TV station equipment.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Associate degree in Electronics or High School graduate with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and complete projects without constant supervision.
- Possess the ability to repair and maintain electromechanical equipment; must be able to communicate clearly in writing or verbally.
- Possess a strong work ethic; follow assigned tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and all appropriate modern communication technology such as texting, smartphones and tablets. Experience in computer networking is a plus.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds; climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license. Driving records will be checked before hire and periodically during employment.
- Must be willing to be on call 24/7 and work nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
- Carriage of company provided cell phone is required.
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
VTN is a regional network of three full-power Christian TV stations focused on the State of Arkansas. As a religious broadcaster, we seek applicants of the Christian faith. When applying for this position, please send a note regarding your personal faith. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without a VTN Application and a note of faith.
To apply for this position, download an application here and then submit your resume, application and statement of faith in one of the following ways:
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: VTN General Manager 501-225-6039
Or snail mail to:
VTN General Manager
P.O Box 26207
Little Rock, AR 72221-6207
VTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.