Job Title: KVTN Master Control Supervisor
Department: Master Control
Reports To: General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Principal Purpose of Job:
The Victory Television Network (VTN) seeks a full-time Master Control Supervisor. Position is responsible for the Master Control Department and master control staff for our network of three full power TV stations.
The Victory Television Network (VTN) headquarters are located on a 12-acre campus at 701 Napa Valley Drive in west Little Rock. Duties are primarily performed in the climate-controlled facility on the VTN First Floor with access by exterior doors with a wheelchair ramp.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee master control staff; including interview, hire, schedule, train, and evaluate personnel as needed.
- Working Master Control Operator fill-in shifts is an integral part of this position. The Supervisor will fill-in for any Master Control Operator vacation or personal time off. This includes overnight and weekend shifts.
- Work closely with programming, traffic, and promotion staff to ensure all programs, promos and commercials are received, ingested and aired correctly with instructions clearly communicated to master control staff.
- Establish appropriate master control policies and procedures; train MCO staff in these policies and procedures; implement all appropriate checks and balances to ensure compliance.
- Be on call along with engineering staff to handle emergency calls related to master control as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date records of master control and tech core equipment and software.
- Coordination with engineering and IT for successful maintenance and upkeep of equipment and equipment warranties.
- Oversight of the Crispin automation system and Omneon server.
- Ensure EAS warning system is operational.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Associate’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ year’s TV station master control/TV operations experience or radio station operations experience.
- Hands on experience with broadcast automation systems.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft operating systems and business applications, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong communication, written and organization skills.
- Meeting deadlines and managing the deadlines of your team is mission critical.
Salary Range: $50,000.00 – $52,000.00
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
VTN is a regional network of three full-power Christian TV stations focused on the State of Arkansas and surrounding areas. VTN is carried on over 200 cable systems, DIRECTV and DISH. VTN is aired live 24/7 on our digital platforms, Livestream and The VTN ROKU Channel.
- Health insurance partially paid
- Dental plan available
- Vision plan available
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Life insurance policy fully paid
- 403b Plan available
Job Type: Full-time
As a religious broadcaster, we seek applicants of the Christian faith. When applying for this position, please send a note regarding your personal faith. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without a VTN Application and a note of faith.
VTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VTN General Manager 501-225-2165
Or snail mail to:
VTN General Manager
P.O Box 26207
Little Rock, AR 72221-6207