Job Title: KVTN Master Control Operator
Department: Master Control
Reports To: Master Control Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Principal Purpose of Job:
The Victory Television Network (VTN) seeks a full-time Master Control Operator. Position is responsible for the video and audio integrity of all VTN signals. Position is full time and must be available for all shifts including weekends, holidays and the possibility of overnights as VTN is on the air 24/7.
The Victory Television Network (VTN) headquarters are located on a 12-acre campus at 701 Napa Valley Drive in West Little Rock. Duties are primarily performed in the climate-controlled Master Control facility on the VTN First Floor with access by exterior doors with wheelchair ramp. Position requires sitting for the majority of each shift.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor incoming and outgoing signals from all VTN TV station transmitters.
- Monitor TV station transmitter health via remote software.
- Air all VTN TV programming utilizing automation software.
- Record, edit and upload programs from media files (FTP), satellite and DVD.
- Assist engineering in identifying and troubleshooting problems in Master Control or at VTN tower/transmitter sites.
- Follow emergency protocols to fix off-air or security problems.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Applicant must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment.
- Able to work in a deadline-driven environment, capable of working under pressure and skilled at performing and tracking multiple tasks during each shift.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible shift hours including weekends, and holidays.
- TV or radio board operator or master control experience is a plus.
Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance partially paid
- Dental plan available
- Vision plan available
- Paid vacation and personal days
To apply for this position, download an application here, then submit your resume, application and statement of faith as detailed at the bottom of this page.