Reports To: VTN President and VTN General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: Commensurate
Principal Purpose of Job:
The Program Producer will produce VTN’s daily 30-minute program, Arkansas Alive and the weekly 30-minute program, Happy Caldwell and special projects.
Duties are performed inside the main TV station facility and field shoots away from the main facility. While a significant amount of the duties are performed inside climate controlled facilities, some duties are performed outside as needed from time to time in all four seasons and a variety of weather conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
Producer/Editor for Arkansas Alive. 5 daily programs recorded as live each Tuesday.
- Coordinate with host on topics/guests.
- Script writing.
- Produce, shoot and edit video packages and program promos.
- Crew scheduling, program logs, graphics, guest info, etc.
- Post-produce program episodes.
- Encode episodes for specific platforms.
Producer/Editor for Happy Caldwell, 30-minute weekly program.
- Edit weekly episodes using outside footage from speaking engagements.
- Plan broadcast calendar according to footage availability.
- Produce and edit program promos and product spots.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ year’s successful experience as a live TV show Producer.
- Must be comfortable in a control room and studio and be able to use standard video production tools to tell a story from conception to completion.
- Experience as a Producer in the Christian television format is a plus.
- A shared interest in touching the lives of viewers with uplifting Christian content.
- Script writing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed
- Verifiable time management and project management skills are critical.
- Must be highly proficient in non-linear video editing; Final Cut experience preferred.
- Strong Photoshop skills.
- Proficient in building graphic elements for programs, promos and social media.
- Social media- Must understand it, use it and know its place in society.
- Must be familiar with various video compression formats in order to re-purpose video for online use.
- Good people skills needed to work closely with host and high profile guests.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
The statements contained in the job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
To apply for this position, download an application here, then submit your resume, application and statement of faith as detailed at the bottom of this page.